Sunday, March 10, 2013

Part 2 of My Adventures in Almond Milk

We all know how my first attempt in almond milk went. To catch up anyone who didn't read about it or listen to me bitch about it in person OR see me toss my coffee out the window on the freeway that morning...it went HORRIBLY WRONG!!!!

As sad as I am for dairy cows and the issues they go through (sorry dairy cows) I just wasn't into converting to homemade almond milk yet (the vitamix is in the mail so we can revisit this again once it gets here) BUT I am SOLD on using the "pulp" i.e. the crap in the blender you do not drink into crackers. I wish you could smell our kitchen right now. Picture warm banana, peanut buttery, vanilla, almondy goodness!!!!

I have never made a cracker before today. I never thought I would ever make crackers for that matter but I did and I am thankful I did. A little banana, a little maple syrup and A LOTA peanut butter.....HELLO! I figured it out that it's about 15 calories per cracker (I only got about 80 crackers out of the batch) but once you REOPEN the jar of Teddy Peanut Butter to snack with said crackers....I assume the calories go WAY UP. I am guessing they will last in the house for about 3 days tops before they starting getting stale but to be honest I doubt they will even last that long.

If you make almond milk, make these crackers....even if you don't want to drink the almond milk...toss it and still make these crackers. :)

1 cup of almond "pulp" i.e. dried crap in the blender you do not drink in the milk
1/2 cup of flax seed meal
2 TBSP good maple syrup
6 TBSP of peanut butter
1/2 cup of mashed banana
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla
dash of salt

Mix it all together, spread it really thin about 1/6th of an inch on a cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.



Slice into 1 x 1 inch squares, baked at 300 degrees for 30 mins, flip them all CAREFULLY (learned the hard way, please read broke too many too count).



Baked for another 15 mins and see how brown they are, try them if you like the taste take them out and put them on a cooling rack. If you can wait to eat them great, if not then eat away!










Hello Sunday Snack Time!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment