Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Back in the saddle....

Why hello all! Happy Tuesday. I had a shit day at work and out of no where I am allergic to something...I just looked down and saw this on my arms....


TONS of tiny little bumps all over my arms!!! NO CLUE where they came from. Any thoughts?? I had a long sleeve shirt on while we were sitting on the patio and after dinner I did not barrel roll down a hill into poison anything. Am I dying? Do I have to go to work tomorrow??

 On my way home I was telling Alex about my horrible, rotten, no good, very bad day and he goes, "Patio Action, A pitcher of Sangria and some cheese-less pizza from the Tucc??" Does he know me or what?!


1 pitcher of sangria + patio time + pizza + Alex = MUCH better Tuesday!!! (not the most flattering picture I know but it's the 5th one we took and HANDS DOWN the best!)

Don't believe me.... Here are the runner's up....




Nope I was 100% not kidding....5th times a charm here folks!


So the struggle continues with my weight ( I know pizza and sangria are not helping with this). I think this is something we all battle (men and women) some voice this more often than others but I know that no one is EVER thrilled with what they look like at any stage of the game in life. 

I decided to start going back to the gym last week and haven't taken a day off since. (I am on week 2 and oh so good but please check back with me in a month and see if I am still doing this! ha, ok I know that's not the right attitude here) I am trying to change the way I think of myself and this weight loss goal. I tend to beat myself up for eating certain things, over doing it on the weekends or being too lazy to get up in the mornings to workout....not to be sappy but here's some food for thought...

- Being Proud of myself for waking up and getting some exercise in before the day starts. No matter how much or little. It's a great thing and puts me in a wonderful mood. Kicking myself on the days I don't want to workout isn't going to make me want to do it more so focus on the days I do workout! And enjoy the rest when I can get it.

- Enjoying the moments with those around me regardless what I am doing. I sometimes wish I could figure out other things to do than eat and drink with friends but it's a way to be social and I am so thankful I have so many wonderful people in my life who want to do something. :)

- Relaxing and Being Tired is 100% ok and I need to stop kicking myself for the days when I just do not feel like going to the gym. I need to stop being upset with myself about this and just enjoy the rest. It's almost as if we miss the point of the feeling and just focus on what we didn't do.

Point being don't beat yourself up for what you didn't do. Let's be positive here folks! So that's enough of that for one day.

This week is my hell week at work. It's commencement at MIT and for those who don't fully understand what that means for my job...it means I work NON STOP for three-four days straight running events. So bare with me with no posts for the rest of the week and I will see you all on the other end of this hellish week ahead. :) Hence the Sangria! (which Alex and I did split)

Looks like someone had too much sangria patio fun! ha ha ha ha he would kill me if he knew I posted this. Serves him right for not reading this fabulous post! Annnnnnnd he's snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment