Thursday, June 13, 2013

Impromptu Date Night....

And what a fun night it was....the level of fun was measured by venting about a crappy work day, lobster and red wine! It's a trifecta of awesomeness that no pictures will be able to do it justice!


I had another shit day at work (nothing worth mentioning) and Alex said, "Let's do impromptu date night at Rino's!!!!" YAY!!!!! We haven't been there in about a year and some change! It's the place in Eastie (East Boston) that Guy (that tan over stuffed troll doll) from Diner's Drive In's and Dives ruined for the rest of us about 4 years ago. That show single handedly ruins TONS of small businesses all across this country. Rino's is a prime example of this. They were already busy before he walked in and put them on prime time tv. It was like a 2 hour wait to get a table on a busy Saturday night before he came in and now... now you have to put your name in BY 5pm if you plan on eating before they close at 11pm on Saturday. They do not take reservation and you have to go in person to put your name on the wait list. Is it the best Italian food I have ever had in my life?....No (I can cook some damn good sauce and fresh pasta!)

..is it worth the 4 hour wait? Not always...BUT are the lobster ravioli's THAT GOOD?? ABSOLUTELY! (the left overs are in the picture below. I couldn't take a picture of the dish in front of me at Rino's because I was too excited and inhale it! Solid fat kid move)

 We have 100% waited 3 - 3 1/2 hours before on a Saturday night for a table but tonight we were second on the wait list and were eating dinner by 6:30! It was PERFECT!!!!! AND all of the wine on the wine is no more than $22 a bottle!


Now I am laying on the couch googling useless fun facts on the internet while watching Law and Order while Alex is doing this....


Too much excitement for one day....This is how almost every date night ends....

He would 100% kill me if he saw how many of these pictures I post on the internet. If he ONLY READ MY BLOG I would stop posting these pics! (we both know that's not true). At least we are both in our "happy place" and I am about to go to bed and can't wait for lunch tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment