Thursday, May 9, 2013

What you're about to read....is....well....nothing short of a miracle, hell... I am still in shock!

Alex told me even last night that he was going out to dinner with a friend tonight and wanted NOTHING to do with this experiment. And honest to god I thought this was going to be horrible! I mean absolutely digesting! I had no hopes at all for this dinner but god damn it was DELISH! It was MUCH better than I thought and even better than some real mac and cheese I have had in my day. It was creamy, warm and some what cheesie. I loved it! So here's what you do....all for about 500 calories (not super low cal but no saturated fat at all) if you get 8 portions out of this which you totally could (make a big green salad on the side) it would be about 360 calories.

(Pictures to follow are doing this no justice at all)



We all know I couldn't come up with this on my own...THANK YOU Veganista!!!!

Grab the pasta of your choice (16 oz), which makes about 8 portions with all of the sauce below. (you could easily cut this in half.)

For the bread crumbs on top I used Trader Joes Panko with a couple of small dabs of earth balance on top...baked this puppy at 350 for about 25 minutes and broiled for the last 5 minutes or so....HOT DAMN!

Cheese Sauce of Goodness...oh molten golden goodness!

1 1/2 cups of raw cashews, soak these guys over night if you can (or at least 2 hours), rise them off and in the blender they go!
1 3/4 cups of unsweetened almond milk (start with 1 1/4 cups in the blended and keep adding depending on how thick you want the sauce. I used it all)
1/3 cup of nutritional yeast
Fresh Lemon Juice (about one large lemon)
2 cloves of whole garlic, just toss it in the blender
2 TBSP Olive oil
1 tsp of White miso paste (THIS IS SO KEY!!!)
1 tsp Salt, I used kosher but use whatever you want
1/2 tsp of Paprika
1/4 Turmeric (use as little or much as you want...it's all about how orange you want this to look)
1/8 tsp of Hot chili powder (you can omit this or just use hot sauce at the end, again up to you)

Blend this all up (if you have a Vitamix...break this bad boy out and go to town on the cheese sauce)


Baked and eat...SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment