Monday, April 22, 2013

The dust has settled...the challenge is on!

What a week for all of us! It's Sunday, the sun is shinning and I am being lazy on the couch watching Lincoln and reading blogs. Can't complain a bit!!

Since our anniversary is on Tuesday and things are a little crazy at the work I have decided to start this plant based food diet challenge on Wednesday. So Wednesday morning I am going to wake up and be a vegan for two weeks. :)

At the end of the week I am going to post everything I ate with recipes if you want to join in on this roller coaster ride of fun. (Alex is already screaming to get off the ride! No not really he's actually being very supportive because we both know he will be eating pastrami sandwiches and ice cream after I go to bed every night.)

I have to share this though...I just made it and I am trying to keep my mind off of eating every bite of it.

Freezer, Vegan Cookie Dough Fudge...(YEP! adapted from Oh She Glows, http://ohsheglows.com/2012/02/14/vegan-cookie-dough-freezer-fudge/)

- I subbed out the banana for apple sauce
- Used 1/2 cup of maple syrup instead of the sugar
- When I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry I found that I didn't need to use all the wet, I think I tossed about 3 TBSP or so.
- I also didn't let it sit in the freezer for a 1/2 hour I just poured it on a cookie sheet and sprinkled the chocolate chips on top...worked out FINE!


**The hard part of this recipe is NOT EATING THEM ALL RIGHT AWAY!!! I made this so I could have a little sweet treat after dinner that didn't involve refined sugars and crap....I could easily eat the entire batch right now. Mine version has about 34 calories per piece if you can cut it up into 56 pieces.

I also would like to share an almond milk update....I like it. I KNOW! I didn't think that would happen either but surprise surprise it did! I have fallen in love with the 365 Vanilla Almond Milk in my coffee. I think the key was to use decent coffee. SO it wasn't the almond milk that tasted like shit...nope...it was my CHEAP coffee that I was tasting. I have switched to Gevalia ("Why have a cup of Joe when you can have a cup of Johan!" LOVE) and Almond Milk and I have fallen in love. (Second times a charm!) Next weekend I am going to attempt to make some homemade stuff again and see how what goes. But for now the Organic 365 Almond Milk will do just fine!

I also love those reusable K cups you see in the picture....they come with these tiny little filters.. little k cups and 50 filters for 8 bucks. 100% worth it and less waste! No more pilgrimages to Merrimack, NH for K Cups at the vending store. They were super cheap though!!! It also didn't help that the outlets where right there as well. The K Cups became even more expensive after a little shopping at the Bloomingdale's Outlet!


Alright folks...I am off to practice my Uke (it's what the cool kids are calling it these days). Happy Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment