Saturday, April 13, 2013

2nd Update on the Ukulele


SO it's been a week with my battle ax, I mean hatchet and it's pretty awesome. I haven't had much time this week to practice AND I am still on the same song but I haven't stopped yet. THERE IS HOPE for this ukulele band!!!! **Auditions are just going to be postponed. I will keep you all in loop on that one.

I have all three cords down now and without SMACKING my fingers on my left hand to find said cords. I do however have the problem of switching from one cord to the next without taking a super long break in between but as Alex said, "For someone NEVER (truly stress never) picking an instrument in their life, EVER you are doing great!" Again he sleeps next to me and he also knows how hard I can hit so he could just be being nice but I am surprised at myself on how well I am picking this baby up!

On another completely unrelated subject I have begun carbo-loading for the Boston Marathon on Monday. I am not running said marathon but I was craving homemade spaghetti and meatballs this morning (yes these are the thoughts running through my head at 8am) so during my grocery shopping adventure I grabbed everything to make it for lunch. Alex and I are now in a food carb coma and I am trying to muster up the energy to get to the mall and run some errands. It's PAINFUL! But the plus side is I have been wearing my gym clothes all morning in hopes of actually going. Alex has asked me three times, "Are you seriously going to wear that in public?!" (It's black gym pants and a t-shirt....YES!)

UPDATE: (This blog post is taking me FOREVER to write we are officially on day 3 and look how far I've gotten) Made it outside, bought some TOMS and now back on the couch...may or may not nap before going to the gym, before ATTEMPTING to go to the gym.

The gym won (after a nap on the couch). Woooooo Hoooooo! While I was huffing and puffing on the treadmill I thought I have to tell you guys about these...sweaty bands....The BEST headband for working out I have ever found...Lululemon can KISS IT!!! ($100 for really comfortable yoga pants!! Psssssh)

They come in a TON of fun colors and do not move AN INCH while you are working out. All you have to is hand wash them in the sink and good as new. My bestie, Lauren, sang high praises about them (so TECHNICALLY she deserves all the credit for this find). They run about $20 for 2 of them on amazon.com but it is SO WORTH IT!!!

*Yep I am back on the couch. (OH LAZY SATURDAYS!!!!)

If you live in Massachusetts, Happy 3 Day weekend! For all of you who do not live in this state, which does not believe in HAPPY HOUR yet they these people would suck the alcohol out of a deodorant stick if they could, hope you have a fabulous 2 day weekend.

That is all! Tonight is salsa dancing with my father so I am SURE there will be a good story for me to tell tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment