Sunday, April 28, 2013

5 years....and carrot cake pancakes for breakfast

Happy Sunday All! This was one of those rare unplanned weekends in my life. We had NOTHING, absolutely nothing planned. I had a few things I had to get accomplished but nothing planned and it was a FABULOUS weekend! One of the best Alex and I have had in a long time. Relaxing, productive, active, lazy, jewels were bought and good food was had! What more could a girl ask for!



 Alex and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary, this is the longest relationship either one of us has ever had, last week. Nope he has still not proposed but I think he knows TIME IS A TICKING AND I AM NOT WAITING MUCH LONGER!!!! He did however try 3 times to pick out an anniversary gift for yours truly...third times a charm and it was 5 carats. (Again nope it was not a ring and YES I went to the jewelry store with him the third time to "help" pick something special out) I figured it was a must since after the second attempt he thought I would like something Liz Taylor would have worn...well her's would have been MUCH bigger but you get the idea....

After we returned the emeralds above we went to a few other jewelry stores and I kept saying to Alex I wanted to go to a store that had an armed guard standing at the front of the store with a very large gun. He told me he doesn't have enough credit on ALL of his credit cards combined to afford something from one of those stores. I didn't believe him until we started looking at yellow diamonds (I wanted something "happy" were my exact words)...HOLY GOD THEY ARE EXPENSIVE!!!! A TINY pair of earrings (about a carat) was $18,000.00!!! (I have NEVER owned very nice jewelry beyond a few necklaces from Tiffany's nor do I ever find myself in jewelry stores that often so I have no concept of what things should cost when it comes to this stuff. I am not the most graceful person in the world and really even at 32 I still can not have nice things because I break, loose and stain everything that I come into contact with)

After much looking "we" found these!! 5 carats total, 1 carat for each year of being in love!!! That's what I said to Alex!

So with some new bling in my ears we had to have a nice night out on the town to celebrate these new beauties, I mean to celebrate our anniversary!

Dinner in Rozzie and ending the night with roof deck drinks at Nicky and Chads....WHAT A FUN AND PERFECT NIGHT!!!! The 5 year anniversary gift is wood so Alex bought us a nice bottle of scotch aged in a sherry barrel... I cracked that puppy right open to kick the night off. It is DELISH!




Who doesn't love a handsome man in a bow tie?!?!?! While at dinner some 80 year old women came up to our table and asked me that! She goes, "He is just so handsome! You are one lucky gal!"Her friend walked by us and asked if he was a doctor! He can pick up anyone over the age of 75.


No comments:

Post a Comment