Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jesus...cupcakes are not worth this much pain!


Hello All! I was going to post this yesterday but in light of everything that has happened in the great city I live in I decided to hold off. I am not going to say anything about the horrific tragedy except for this, it humbles me to have so many people call, text and care to make sure myself and Alex were ok. Some of you I haven't talked to in a long time and it means a lot to know I am still floating around in your thoughts. Thank you. Honestly thank you. I am trying to look at the good stories now of people helping, caring and sharing everything they have to help comfort those who need it the most. It shows that most people are good and they do care. "We" as a community will get through this. But thank you all for caring so much. *including the New York Yankee's for playing "Sweet Caroline" during the 3rd inning tonight.

So that being said yesterday I went hiking with my good friend Lisa. We lived in Ireland together when we were 19 and have always been close. So when she said on Sunday night, "Wanna climb a mountain, I have to SWEAT!" I said, "Hell yes I do!" and the fact that I ate chicken and waffles for dinner was also a little bit of a motivator as well. (OH MY DIET)

On my way to the mountain I decided to make a new smoothie...I call it liquid sunshine because that is exactly what it looks like. It's BRIGHT yellow and so cheery. What's in it you ask?!

2-3 TBSP of Non Fat Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup of Freshly Squeezed OJ (or the Simply Orange if you are lazy or don't have time to squeeze your own oranges)
1/2 cup of Frozen Pineapple
1/2 cup of Frozen Mango
1/2 of a Yellow Small Bell Pepper
1 Banana
**toss in a couple of ice cubes to thicken it up
***and if you like a twist or want to bulk it up put a little bit of sparkling water in the blender too...

Blend everything together and BAM! Liquid Sunshine. You can put some flaxseed in this as well. It is DELISH about 250 calories total

So on to the Mountain.... Lisa is a great old friend of mine. She is creative, funny, stylish, smart, pretty and an all around fabu gal. What she is not is on time ha ha ha ha. No honestly she isn't that bad she is however VERY apologetic for not being on time. On our way to said mountain we had to make a FEW quick pit stops...




 A little air in the tires, some gas and we were off!!! Me, Lis and Moose (her fearless pooch). I figured if I broke my ankle or leg we could take a bunch of branches off the trees and tie me to Moose. He could bring me down off the mountain. No not really.


I think he would be more apt to lick me to death before dragging me down a mountain. 

We get there and here we go...I thought we were going to do the easy trail....Oh no...Oh no...(*please keep in mind I am 100% absolutely not a outdoorsy gal. I remember when I first moved back to Boston I went up to NH to visit my mom and there I am sitting in her living room. It's a BEAUTIFUL sunny warm spring day, the windows are all open and I say to her, "Why the hell do you have a cd of birds on? It's so loud!!" She goes, "Oh man you have been in city for too long. It's OUTSIDE! They are REAL birds") Yep that pretty much sums that up!


 After an hour and some change of this, straight up, climbing over BIG rocks I felt AWESOME!!!!


 It was only 2,300 feet up but it felt good to do and had such a great time chit chatting with such a great person. Thanks Lis for such a great day!!



 This morning I woke up with a sad heart (for our neighbors and friends in Boston) but a really (good) sore tush and calves! I can't wait to do more this summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment