Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Have Seen The LIGHT!!!!

You know I never thought of myself as a coffee connoisseur. I don't like super bitter or really strong coffee. I am satisfied with a coffee from dunkin donuts or a really pretty cappuccino from a fancy coffee house where they make a Mona Lisa on top with the foam. Honestly I can't really tell the difference. Ok well I sort of can. I just don't care all that much. But holy shit have I seen the light with coffee and my friends there is no turning back now.

For the past two months we have been debating about taking the plunge and buying a nepresso machine. What is a nepresso machine you ask?



Good question.... We stumbled into William Sonoma one day after Sunday Funday lunch and got suckered into watching/taking part in a demo of the machines. There was wizzing, buzzing, creme was flying and BAM! This wonderful woman hands me one of the best cups of coffee I have ever tasted in a little paper cup.

It's a one touch, idiot proof, a monkey could work this, expensive espresso machine. It was love at first sip. It was hot but not too hot to burn your mouth, it was rich with flavor but nothing too over the top, the foam was PERFECTLY foamy and not a bitter bone in it's body. It was the equivalent to Goldilocks and the three bears but in cappuccino form.

At the time (please see two months ago) neither one of us could justify spending $300 on a new espresso maker because our Keurig worked just fine and we were going to a fabulous two week vacation in Brazil (I can feel your pity and disdain as I write this).

Cut to our second to last day in Brazil. We pulled over at some roadside truck stop to get a cup of coffee on our way back to Rio. I am half awake and order 5 or 6 cappuccinos from the woman behind the counter to hand out to my travel companions. I mean this is a full on truck stop....no fancy Starbucks here....the chances of getting some venereal disease from touching the toilet seat by accident is VERY high in this kind of place. I look over and I see she's using a nepresso machine to make these bad boys. She hands me all of the little paper cups and I pass them back to family members.....one word...HEAVEN! It was one of the best cups of coffee I had the entire trip. It was just delish!

So here we are....back to reality and both a little sad because the vacation is over. So what do we do to cheer ourselves up?? We go to William Sonoma on Monday night and BUY A NESPRESSO MACHINE!!!!!! with foam thingy (I think the technical term is aeroccino). OH MY GOD! It was hands down the best $221 we have spent all week! (We had a gift card for $75).

Every morning this week we both popped out of bed and say, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE?!" Every time I take a sip of my morning coffee, it's like seeing a kid of christmas morning after santa comes. And you know what....it is the BEST cup of coffee I have ever had at home. Hands down no questions ask. It is so good that I was sad after I finished the first cup. I was about to leave for work and then I decided...Screw it, I'm making a second cup!


 Here's what I love about it...

- It takes up almost no space on our very small counter tops.
- It makes REALLY REALLY good smooth espresso and the company has about 25 different flavors. And every cup has this awesome "creme" on top.



- The aeroccino froths up ANY kind of milk. My almond milk was like velvet this morning and the froth stayed up in the cup for 45 minutes. 45 MINUTES! People are you reading this?!?!
- The aeroccino is silent. I had no idea it was even working. It an easy light up button that you hit and then it does it magic. Once the light turns off it's done.
- here's the HANDS DOWN BEST PART of the aeroccino...wait for it....wait for it...it makes COLD FROTH. Cold perfect froth for an iced latte or capp. OH MY GOD!

Here's what I was on the fence about...

- The pods are about .65 each and can only be bought through their online store or one of the very few nespresso stores in the world. They have free next day shipping so you won't be without coffee for very long but still you need to buy 50 at a wack.

- The pixie (the machine we bought) is a little louder than I thought it would be. I mean not like the Vitamix loud but still not silent. I guess you know it's working.

- The water tank isn't as big as I wish it could be but who cares if I have to fill it up a little more often.

Other than that I have no complaints. I am BEYOND excited to try all the flavors and see what I like.



I have fallen in love with coffee people....FALLEN IN LOVE! I will never look at an almond milk cappuccino again in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment