Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Rocky Mountain High

Now that pot is legal in this fine state (Colorado) three words have never been more true! I haven't smoked pot in years. I NEVER need help being hungry, sleepy and silly all at the same time. The last time I did smoke, about 6 years ago I bought a dime bag (which I found out doesn't cost $10 anymore!!!) from a sound guy at TT's, a dive rock club I worked at, and spent the better half of two hours and a full pack of rolling papers to roll one joint that I believe a blind 7 year old could've done better. I woke up the next day to find myself passed out with one hand in a bag of cheese Doritos and the other with a half eaten Snickers bar. Making mom proud!

I would say that almost every time I have ever smoked pot about two hours in I decide I don't want to be stoned any more and attempt to eat myself sober which NEVER works and it's not like I am trying to eat my body weight in baby carrots here people. It's more like housing a large pizza and enough candy bars to make an 11 year old sick to their stomach.

The reason I tell you this little fun fact is that in 2 days I will be sunny, warm, dry, Denver, Colorado surrounded by my very large, loving and very loud family. I can't think of a better way to spend a week off. If you knew my family you would be VERY jealous right now. Picture about 25 different versions of myself all in one room. Talk about heaven on earth right!?

There is something about spending time with family that leaves you feeling relaxed and like you need a vacation from your vacation all at the same time. I can't wait! Much more to come....






No comments:

Post a Comment