Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bon Me...Yes Please!

Oh SoWa yet again you have done me nothing but right!  I feel like I need to preface this by saying that I do love a good high end food truck and I am not a hipster.

Have you seen "The Great Food Truck Race" on the Food Network? The only reason I watched this in the beginning was because of Tyler Florence, well and I love reality tv. He is delicious and my version of why every man in America watches Gida. Every day Italian, PLEASE! It's all about her boobs and that money shot when she puts the fork in her mouth! I don't care that Tyler is married with kids and lives in San Francisco in my mind he is single and madly in love with me! (I promise there is a point.) The reason I am bringing any of this up is because there was this Bon Me truck on the show. I believe they won everything or at least every single challenge. Smart kids and the sandwiches looked so damn tasty. Since watching the show I have been on the hunt for a good Bahn Mi.

To me Asian food is what I crave morning, noon and night...any kind...I do not discriminate. It is my comfort food and I can't get enough. What's a Bahn Mi you ask? It's a Vietnamese sandwich. This fabulous sandwich I had on Sunday was filled roasted bbq pork stuffed in a nice crusty but soft baguette with a asian influced cucumber salad, fresh cilantro, daikon radish, red onion and spicy mayo. My mouth is watering just thinking about this. I walked around the open market eating it trying to savor every bite but in reality woofing it down like it was my last meal on earth. It's warm, salty, spicy, cool, crispy and kind of sweet. IT IS SO FREAKING GOOD and I was so sad when I polished it off in record time. I was trying to convince Alex (my better half) to go get one just so I could have a bite of his or half of it. He wouldn't do it....he had his eye on a hot dog stand.

So what did I do? I cried on the inside for a second and then moved on to the Yummy Mummy Brownie Stand. Go! Go and get the caramel nougat brownies (they have milky way bars shoved in the center of them). She is there every Sunday and has been for years. The owner is VERY nice but her brownies are out of this world. Chewy, chocolaty and full of fun. The freeze super well if you need. I always buy two or three so I can freeze at least two of them and eat them all week. I just finished my last bite of the Nutella one last night.

I think I am going to have to go back to the market this weekend. My mouth is still watering....

No comments:

Post a Comment